Work for us
Why Laura James?
Gorgeous furniture at affordable prices is what we’re about. Our goal is to make sure our customers can achieve the homes they’ve dreamed of.
We’re looking for people who can bring bright ideas, inspiration and experience to our business to help move the business forward. Here at Laura James we’re big on working together and collaboration is so important to us as a small business.
We have a HQ based in Pangbourne (just 10 minutes from central Reading) and our Sheffield warehouse is the hub of operations. Both areas are always seeking the right people and skill sets to continue to keep our business the best and most dynamic it can be. So come join the team!
Current open roles
Laura James is on the lookout for an experienced Stock Controller for our Warehouse in Sheffield.
Duties will include:
- Conduct PI (perpetual inventory) across the main WH to ensure, SKU, quantity and location accuracy
- Update and reconcile accurate stock across multiple sites aligning inventory data and stock levels in line with company requirements
- Facilitate a timely and efficient end of month process by providing accurate stock data and reports in line with company requirements
- Investigate lost stock summarizing root causes and suggesting process improvements to mitigate the risk
- Participate in various continuous improvement initiatives designed to increase efficiency and productivity
- Actively comply with any training requirements and other policies and procedures relevant to the position
- Participate in measures designed to effectively manage costs and adherence to budgetary requirements
- Perform such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
- Comply with all Company policies related to Code of Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety and Community
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office and other applicable systems
- Exceptional organisational skills & good time management
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Advanced communicator & ability to build relationships across all aspects of the business
- Proactive and self-managing
- Ability to work with and explain analysis to others
- Critically analyse and identify areas for improvement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent